Who should join?
- Municipal representatives (elected officials, municipal employees, commission/committee/board members, etc.)
- Community residents
- Community groups (homeowners associations, block clubs, churches, etc.)
- CDCs (Community Development Corporations
- Business owners
- Property owners
- Anyone interested in strengthening and supporting Michigan communities
Why should you join?
The MVPC serves as a one-stop shop for leaders who want to address vacant properties in their communities, providing them with access to:
- Informational site visits to assess community need and resources;
- Community roundtables and workshops;
- In-depth assessments for communities looking to improve or expand their vacant property strategies;
- Selection process for intensive, longer term technical assistance for communities looking to launch their own local vacant property campaigns.
The MVPC facilitates coordination between sectors, within localities and across local, state and federal resources, allowing community leaders to utilize:
- Municipal network and expertise of the Michigan Municipal League;
- State and federal policy expertise of the Center for Community Progress;
- Engagement, planning and technical assistance experience of Michigan Community Resources;
- Community development expertise and network of the Community Economic Development Association of Michigan;
- Foreclosure expertise and statewide network of the Michigan Foreclosure Task Force.